Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cannot read DVD files near Matshita DVD Ram UJ-8415?

I hold a Toshiba Satellite M70 laptop PSM73A with a Matshita DVD/CD Ram - UJ-8415 - RW but it when I try to open/explore the contents of some DVD's that my friends enjoy given me, it does not show any files or content. It also comes up with a i/o device error when I try to play DVDs. I just now downloaded a DVD/CD driver from toshiba but it was for M70 - PSM71. The DVDs play on a DVD player and I enjoy had them checked on another computer and the files exist consequently the DVD is not currupt. Can someone help?


Answer:

Do you tight-fisted the UJ-845? Its normal firmware doesn't allow it to be fooled into accepting other region codes. (It also seem from other comments that it prefers high-quality blank DVDs, otherwise it will diminish burning speed to 2X.)



There is new D102 firmware for Toshiba OEM for a Matshita [sic] UJ-845, which might do the trick.



WARNING: Before you flash your drive be really sure that you have the correct firmware. Use DISCInfo (or similar) to confirm the exact model and BIOS details previously you proceed.
Sounds to me that your DVD is region oriented. What is the DVD code and what is your player default to?

No comments:

Post a Comment