Tuesday, September 21, 2010

CATALYST Control Center error. What is it?

I have my keypad changed on my laptop yesterday. When I turn on the computer and it boots up -- I get this error. Quote: You do not own permission to amendment CATALYST Control Center settings. Please contact your administrator for future help.



Who would this administrator be? Me ... Tech Support.. My computer repair guy-- who?



Also ... my wireless adapater have been lost. When looking the the Network Connections ...within isn't anything there. That panel is vacant.



Mind ... I had wireless earlier I took the laptop in for repair!



I only need to know who to telephone for support ...or should I take my laptop put a bet on to the shop and ask them why this is happening?



Thanks!


Answer:

Catalyst I believe is something that comes from ATI when you install a driver. You probably enjoy an ATI video card. I think it is an application used to control your video settings. You may know how to just remove it within Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel minus any negative effects. Also, I believe you can download a driver from ATI that does not include the Catalyst portion.



For your wireless, be paid sure wireless has be enabled on the pc (you should see a blue standard lamp lit up) and then use Network Tasks to setup a modern wireless connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment